Papilio3, the pop-up mini solar car park and EV charging hub
Papilio3 is a pop-up mini solar car park and electric vehicle charging hub, developed by 3ti, to boost the roll out of EV charging infrastructure and help to decarbonise the transport sector.
Papilio3 combines local mains power with solar panels, a battery and EV charge points, allowing businesses to deploy up to 12 fast charge points in one go. An ideal solution for workplace and destination car parks, including offices, retail outlets, travel hubs and leisure facilities.
Papilio3’s smart charging and intelligent electrical load management system gives EV drivers reliable access to inexpensive, low carbon energy.
- 12 fast EV charge points at 7, 11, or 22kW
- 42 solar panels & local mains electricity
- Up to 250kWh of battery storage capacity
- Made using recycled shipping containers
- Designed & manufactured in the UK
- Deployed & commissioned within 24 hours Minimal ground works No planning permission*
- No new grid connection*
- Waterproof shelter with integrated LEDs
- ‘ChargeSafe’ approved
- CCTV security cameras
- Smart charging & back-office billing system
- Branding & advertising opportunities
- Visible commitment to net-zero targets
- Flexible rental agreement
How Papilio3 Works
Papilio3, uses solar energy generated from its canopy together with local mains electricity, which is stored in a battery to optimise existing electrical infrastructure.
Intelligent load management and phase balancing ensures Papilio3 provides the fastest most carbon efficient and cost-effective charge for up to 12 EVs at a time.
Drivers can charge account free, using contactless payment cards, or via the website, app or 3ti access card. They can also select a tariff based on how fast or how clean their vehicle will be charged.
Papilio3 is designed to be upgradable in-situ or exchanged for more advanced units, as technologies and user needs evolve.
* In most locations